Musician

 


It's hard for me to pick one band/group or artist and call it my favorite, for the reason that there are many that I have listen to, that choosing just one leaves aside so many others I would like to write about. However I think I'll write in this blog about an artist and one song from another group that is very different comparing the style from the first artist I'll write about. 

The artist I'm talking about is Silvio Rodriguez. I write about this great artist because since I remember I have been listening to his music and which I enjoy very much till today. One of the many reasons I like this artist and his songs is for the feelings and memories that comes to my mind when I hear him sing, specially one of his disc called "Dias y Flores".



Every time I listen this disc it takes me back when me and my family went for holidays to the beach in Algorrobo and every summer no matter what my mom put her cassette in the radio and we hear, most every day, the same songs for hours and when we get tired of it we changed for a cassette of "Queen" which was the band my father likes. So I spended all summer long listening to Silvio Rodriguez and Queen every time we were in the car, so practelly part of my taste in music is a heritage of my parents. The following song is called "Pequeña serenata diurna" and is one of my favorites.




The other song I wanted to write about is defenitely one from another style of music and is called "The Count of Tuscany" from the band Dream Theater. I just had to write about this because no matter how time has passed, I always come back to this song I find it as good as the first time I heard it. Despite the fact that is a song 20 minutes long I always enjoy every second of it. I think the style of this band it's called progresiv metal, so if you are interested in styles of music like this I totally recommend this song, it just feels like differents kind of music styles, sounds and emotions combined in one song, don't know how else explain it. 







Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Food

A documentary and a serie I recommend

My Best Holiday